Wednesday, September 4, 2013

DSC0001.

While flipping through photos from last weekend's trip to the Big Hole, I noticed my camera had built a new image folder. This stumped me until I realized why: the image tagging numbering had to roll over since I had taken 9999 pictures.

Here is the first photo of the new folder -- or, stated in a more interesting way, image 10,000:

Though Laura has a flashy new camera, this Sony DSC-WX9, bought as a refurbished unit from Sony.com for about $140, has been pretty sturdy. Two weeks ago it appeared that the motor drive to push the lens out of the body had failed, but a bit of shaking got it functioning again.

I bought this camera in June, 2012 and had to send it back in November for a similar problem; Sony fixed it for free. It's past the warranty period, so hopefully that won't happen again.

The image counter is now on 10,011; math says I've taken an average of nearly 22 photos a day since the day I got this camera.

Lucky picture 10,000 was a shot south along the Wise River Valley in the Pioneer Mountains on a smoky Sunday morning.

No comments: