Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Skiing

I think the woes of Montana's winter are by now well-known, but when everything is new, even a bad year holds plenty of adventure.

Tom and I put in a beautiful set of tracks high above Lookout Pass in March.

Photobucket

Come spring, the sun came out. Here's the view from my office window. That's Downing Mountain in the background.

Photobucket

Two weeks ago I took Laura to Bozeman to put her on a flight to Atlanta. I did some skiing along the way, and the next weekend when I went back to fetch her.

Near Big Sky:

Photobucket

Beehive Basin, Madison Mountains

Photobucket

Buffalo Jump State Park:

Photobucket

Bridger Mountains:

Photobucket

Mt. Blackmore, Gallatin Mountains:

Photobucket

And as a parting shot, the plott hound at work:

Photobucket

No comments: